Located in the Tai Koo business district on Hong Kong Island’s north side, EAST Hotel has a stylish, tech-friendly sensibility.
The Converse-clad, English-speaking staff makes the paperless check-in easy, and in-room killer views, up-to-date electronics and a bottomless jar of Mentos remind guests that they’ll be well taken care of.
- Relaxed yet upscale vibe that caters to a younger crowd;
- Sleek interior design aesthetics;
- Book a harbour corner room. Surrounded by floor-to-ceiling glass windows the room offers simply astounding views!
- Panoramic views of Hong Kong are offered from other rooms too, and particularly pleasant space from which to enjoy them is the hotel bar, Sugar;
- Proximity to the efficient metro. The station is virtually right outside the hotel door.
What you should know
- It’s about 20 minutes to the popular Central district, which is also our favourite for hanging out. Do try exploring Kowloon too—although developing fast, in many ways it is still a more authentic side of HK.
- Although rooms are on the small side, the layout and extras ensure you won’t miss the square footage;
- Cell reception in the hotel can be spotty;
- Expect to see lots of business travelers;
- Perks include free WiFi, tea, a 24-hour gym and an outdoor swimming pool.
Number of rooms & suites: 345
Rate per night: From $300
*The rate is only approximate and is based on our own independent research, at the time of writing. We cannot guarantee the rate in any way.